The MeBeBot chatbot for Slack is installed from the MeBeBot Customer Portal.
Before installing MeBeBot into your Slack instances, please ensure the user doing it has sufficient privileges in your workspace to Manage Apps. This can be found in https://my.slack.com/apps/manage/settings
This user must also have the IT Admin Role inside the MeBeBot Customer Portal to be able to access the Add To Slack button.
- First, ensure you can log into the MeBeBot Customer Portal. If you do not have an account, contact your CSM and await account activation before proceeding. Your Customer Sucess Manager will verify your email address and ensure your account carries the It Admin Role for the desired workspace.
- Log in to https://portal.mebebot.com.
- Select the IT Admin menu item.
- Click the Install Button below the "Install Slack App" header, as shown below:
- You will now be shown a screen asking for permissions to install the bot into your workspace. Please NOTE on the Upper RIGHT, select which workspace you wish to install the bot. In this case it reads MeBeBot but it will be the name of your company:
- After Clicking Allow, you will be redirected back to the MeBeBot Portal. This will show a success notification and the list of workspaces where the application is installed:
- If you have multiple slack workspaces in your organization, repeat the process, selecting a different workspace in the installation screen.
- After Allowing permissions for the second workspace, the second entry will be shown on the IT Admin Page as well.
- The list of workspaces is automatically updated when the MeBeBot App is removed from a workspace.